Thursday, 13 October 2016

My title sequence for a coming of age 80's film



My recreated title sequence for The Breakfast Club
Task: In this task, we had to recreate the title sequence for a coming of age 80's film. In this instance, I chose The Breakfast Club as it is highly associated with the audience demographic. Also, in this task we had to think about the amount of time in which each font stays on the screen as well as the type of font and the music. 

Process: The actual process of this sequence took a little while. I began by analysing the actual opening sequence for the length of the clips and the order of the clips. I then began to find the actual font which was the Helvetia font. Once I had that font, I got the blank screen of iMovie and wrote up each individual slide. Once the slides were wrote up, I had to implement the exact time in which the sequences played for to make it seem exact.

What I learnt? 
In the process of this, I learnt hat making a title sequence requires a lot of precision. For example, you need to be precise about the amount of time each sequence played for in order to make sure that the audience are able to read the text displayed. Also, it is possible that you would have to be precise about the audience demographic the title sequence is being made for. For example, you wouldn't have  a lovely title sequence with lots of hearts and pink letters for a horror film would you? The title sequence has to match the genre and the demographic. I feel like the title sequence is a very important aspect of each film as it sets the tone for the rest of the movie. In many coming of age films, you would expect to maybe see the font in school writing or in any variation of times new roman as these sorts of typography are typically associated with the teenage genre as most teenagers are either still in full time education or have just left. For improvement, I feel like I will try to add the transition effects to the sequence as transition effects are often important as it keeps the audience focused on the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment