Final Cut
This is the final product to my opening sequence to Access Code. I have tried to implement all aspects of my pre-production such as the story board and the shot list. For example, much of the scenes directly replicate some of the scenes which I thought up like the corridor scene where Josh was walking down with his hand on his head. However, much of the story board had to be cut out. For instance, I didn't include a nurse in the end which was originally going to have some dialogue in the scene where Josh has just awoken.
What went well for me was the production. During filming and directing, I didn't have a lot of problems. I often got a lot of the scenes which I needed only after a couple of takes. The location I used was also good as I as thankfully was able to use the medical room at my secondary school as well as a corridor there. This was useful in my opening as it acted as good mise-en-scene as i wanted to create the effect of paranoia. Another thing which went well is my camera work. I was especially happy with the way I have positioned the protagonist on screen. In a lot of the scenes, I have used close ups which would express the characters facial expression. I have tried to show that the character is often crazy and loosing his mind.
What didn't go so well would be lots of aspects within the production. For example, at about 1:47, the character very oddly jumps from screeching to getting up and leaving the room. The jump in this has proven to show a strange cut in continuity which needs to be improved. Also, on the last scene, I pan from the door onto the virtual reality headset to try to create a sense of foreboding on the headset. Howeiver, I have cut the scene to short and it ends on a very abrupt halt which is the oppositee of what wanted to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment