Tuesday, 4 October 2016

Match on Action Practice



Match on Action work
Here is some work which me, Josh and Michael did on the match on action filming technique. In filming this, we found that match in action is a lot harder to compose than originally thought. For example, door shots have to consist of someone opening a door, freezing completely as the camera man runs inside to another angle then continuing with the motion of someone opening the door from another angle to make the cuts seem seamless in the transition. Furthermore, we also had to think about how to make the shots seem natural too without any bloopers! In one scene, I walk past with someone quite a distance away from me and in the next shot he is fairly close. The timing needs to be interpreted too as you need to take into account each aspect of filming. Moreover, we also had to think about the way in which we edited the transitions as we needed to make the two clips tie in together perfectly for the match on effect to work. There is also one point when I look in the camera. Now, unless I was going to 'break the 4th wall' (which is a technique when the actors talk directly into the camera and direct the speech to the audience watching), I would have to consider looking into the camera as an ultimate taboo in filming.  
In conclusion, the match on action turned out alright considering it was our first go at experimenting with it. We even added in sound effects to tie in with some of the scenes like opening and closing doors. Furthermore, I have learnt that match on action requires a lot of concentration and acting and you also need to use the camera to the full potential it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment