Friday, 16 September 2016

History of coming of age films

History of coming of age films


If you would like to view my history of coming of age films, please click the link below. Unfortunately, I couldn't embed the actual timeline into my blog as you need a premium account to do so but it is here.


https://www.timetoast.com/timelines/1345030

Learners comment:
In this task, I have learnt about some of the films throughout history and how they've changed throughout time. For example, I believe the stereotype of teenagers have came from 8-0's coming of age films as they have chosen to represent teenagers as hormonal sex pests who like to get into trouble and get drunk. This could also explain the culture of students back then as they are steriotypically reckless and rebelious. I have also learnt how these films have changed through the years but have still kept that same style and feel to them. For example, we see an enormus cultural difference say from Breakfast club to Superbad. The cultural difference is shown through the clothing style, the music used, the rise en scene and the types of things these characters get up to. We actually see raging within the coming of age films too! For example, in the previous coming of age films, the students are more represented as focusing around their social life and trying too look 'cool' whereas the more recent coming of age films show that the students are slightly more focused on their future and getting a college degree etc and they are shown as stuck in-inbetween the process of doing their work and creating a good social life with their friends. overall, I learnt a lot of things which different coming of age films like to do with their films and I will be hoping to relate these things to my own opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment